As a unique, small village school, allocated funds have to be spent very wisely. Over the last year, funding has been spent on many areas including:
- the refurbishment of Rhydri Cottage – an additional learning environment for pupils in foundation phase;
- collaboration with a professional storyboard artist and animator on a short film based around the first meeting between the Welsh and Tehuelche in Patagonia;
- photography workshops with a local business based around the theme of ‘community’;
- purchase of additional resources to support our improved literacy provision;
- Purchase of additional resources to improve the foundation phase environment.
However, we are very reliant on our committed, effective PTA who have raised considerable funds for the school over the past few years. This has included:
- part funding a variety of educational visits;
- purchase of football kits for competitive events with other schools and sports equipment;
- ICT equipment.
Over the next twelve months, the PTA is hoping to raise money to fund the following areas of school:
- redevelopment of the woodland area adjacent to Rainbow Class. This will be used as an outdoor resource for all pupils;
- Purchase of additional IT equipment for all classes, including Apple Macs and iPads.
Although very effective, the PTA are reliant on parents/carers to support and help out whenever possible. There are a number of events during the summer term which could prove very lucrative for school funds. We would appreciate if everybody would offer to give some of their time to help set up stalls, serve, put away equipment at the end of the day. Parents/carers do not need to commit to a whole day, but if everyone offered some time, this would help tremendously. It would be particularly helpful to have volunteers for the start and end of events.
Along with today’s newsletter, children will be bringing home a list of the events which will be taking place over the next few months. Please could you tick your availability if you are willing to volunteer. It would be greatly appreciated.