Children in upper school have begun a series of workshops focusing on ‘mindfulness’. This is all about learning to direct our attention to our experience as it unfolds, moment by moment, with open-minded curiosity and acceptance. Rather than worrying about what has happened or might happen, it trains us to respond skilfully to whatever is happening right now, be that good or bad.
The sessions, which are led by a qualified instructor, aims to give pupils mindfulness as a life-skill. Pupils use it:
- to feel happier, calmer and more fulfilled
- to get on better with others
- to help them concentrate and learn better
- to help cope with stress and anxiety
- to support performance such as music and sport