This week there is a whole school focus on healthy living. Some of the activities currently being planned include:
- Our annual ‘Charity Day’ which aims to raise money for the ‘Welsh Hearts’ organisation through a range of physical activity exercises. These physical activities include an aerobics workout, a skip-a-thon and a dodgeball tournament! Children will also undertake literacy activities to promote physical exercise.
- Special assembly for children delivered by the ‘Welsh Hearts’ organisation.
- Lessons for all year groups about ‘germs’.
- Lessons for all year groups about ‘e-safety’.
- School nurse talk to Reception, Year 1, 2 and 3 about headlice.
- School nurse talk to Year 4, 5 and 6 about personal hygiene.
- Dental nurse talk to Year 3 and 4 on oral hygiene.
- Mindfulness workshops for Year 4, 5 and 6 pupils led by a qualified trainer.
A letter is being sent home today encouraging children to collect sponsorship in support of the Welsh Hearts organisation. A special prize will be awarded to the pupil who collects the highest amount of sponsorship money. Please help support this very worthwhile cause.