Dear Parent/ Carer,
As you already know, Rhydri Primary has been working closely with Bedwas Junior School for several years.
The staff and governing bodies of both schools are keen to formalise this arrangement as a federation. This will mean that the two schools continue to work in partnership to ensure an excellent learning experience for our children. For both schools, Mr Cook will remain the Headteacher and Mrs Richards the Acting Deputy Head (covering Miss Bodenham’s maternity leave).
In fact, the only changes will be that the school leadership can spend more time
on further improving provision and outcomes at school; and that instead of two separate governing bodies, there will be will be one governing body. This will mean less repetition.
Next week, your child will bring home the formal consultation document about the federation. This will provide lots of technical details and give you a chance to feedback.
On 15th November at 3.45 pm there will be an opportunity to ask any questions you have of representatives from the governing body and the Local Authority at Rhydri Primary School.
Alternatively 2.45pm-3.30pm at Bedwas Junior School.
So, what do you need to do?
1. Know that the federation formalises the existing successful arrangements
2. Read the consultation document
3. Put your response in the box in school
4. Attend the meeting on 15th November if you have any questions
5. Keep calm and carry on!
For the safety of our pupils, any parents or visitors to the school site needs to report directly to reception before entering any other school building. Any pupils arriving late or leaving early must be signed in or out to the school via Miss Lewis in the office. Additionally, if any parent needs to speak to a member of staff at the start or end of the school day, please ask at the main reception.
A few parents have asked about procedures at the start of the school day, and in particular about where pupils should go when it is raining. To clarify, these are the school session times:
- Pupils are admitted to Breakfast Club between 8:00am and 8:30am. Breakfast Club staff will then supervise the children in the hall until school staff are on duty at 8:50am.
- Pupis who attend Breakfast Club must be registered in order to attend. Please ask at the office if you require a form.
- School starts at 9am. Pupils are able to enter the playground or classrooms (wet mornings) from 8:50am when staff will present to supervise them.
** Please note that there is no supervision in classes or on the school yard between 8:30am and 8:50am, therefore pupils should not arrive on site between these times.
Pupils will be celebrating Harvest on Tuesday 23rd October with a service at Rudry Parish Hall. This is a joint celebration with Bedwas Junior School and is for pupils only.
This year we will continuing our support of the “Bridging the Gap” foodbank which is based in Caerphilly. We would be grateful if pupils could bring a small food donation for the foodbank on this day.